Good Evening! I have officially set the Alpha 3 release in Gitlab to a released status. See below for some of the improvements and changes:
- API has been changed to a Swagger API, including self documentation of endpoints and authenticated API functions.
- Improvements to the Mobile Layout
- Docker Support with provided DockerFile
- Restructured Directory Structure to allow for easy updating using “git pull”
- Added Channel Names to Video and Stream Cards
- New Streams are now Titled with the Date and Time of the Start of the Stream
- Social Sharing and Video Embedding
- Set a New Thumbnail Photo from the Video Playback Page
- Video Playback Backend change from hls.js to videojs
- Pop-out Chat Windows
- Backend improvements to allow for easy future Database Upgrades
With this upgrade, anyone moving from Alpha 2 will need to make a few manual changes to incorporate the new file structure and format:
Upgrading from Pre-Alpha3
- If you are updating from pre-Alpha3 and use SQLite, save a backup copy of your database.db, config.py, and /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf files in a safe location outside of /opt/osp.
- Remove the /opt/osp directory and perform a fresh install then move your database.db file to /opt/osp/db and your config.py to /opt/osp/conf.
- Adjust the /usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf to match your environment (TLS/etc)
- Edit your config.py file and change the dbLocation variable to be the following:
dbLocation = 'sqlite:///db/database.db'
- Restart the OSP Service
sudo service osp restart
In the coming days, I will start working on the Beta 1 release which will include improved Mobile Layouts, Chat Channel Muting, Password Protected Channels, and more.
I am also looking for someone who is willing to develop a new logo for the Beta 1 release. If you are interested, please feel free to get in contact with me here.